Saturday, July 10, 2010

Just another Love story..


Mom, I have told you umpteen times, I am accepting this proposal only for the sake of you and dad, so please don’t bother me for heaven sake, do whatever you feel like, Rathi screeched and rushed to office grabbing her laptop bag.

At least see his photo Rathi, pleaded Kousalya (Rathi’s mom) from near the gate where Rathi was about to leave.  But Rathi had already started, mom, see it for yourself, if possible you marry him and do keep dad informed, after all he has been nice to you all these years hasn’t he.. don’t worry, I will surely attend your marriage, Rathi chuckled and left for her day’s work.

Kousalya came inside sighing, what is she up to asked Mr. Srinivasan (Rathi’s Dad), no positive response from her as yet, she is still the same, responded a visibly worried Kousalya.

She is not even willing to take a look at the guy’s photo, how could we go ahead with the arrangements? Asked Kousalya, at least she has given her consent for getting married, that too after long years of struggle, so don’t complain, she will be alright as and when things proceed told Mr. Srinivasan and left for office.

On the other side…

Mom, I have been asking for her number, it has been close to 3 weeks now, mumbled Krishna, resting on the couch, dressed in shorts and tee.  After listening to Krishna Mr. Prasad (Krishna’s dad) came down and asked Radhika (Krishna’s mom), hasn’t he left to office yet?  All his teammates are going for an outing it seems, he has informed them that he is not coming, he has decided to rest at home replied Radhika.

Hmmm, so what was he asking you, asked Mr. Prasad, we had met the girl’s family last week right, they seem a perfect match for our family, they conveyed their consent over the phone yesterday, we are going to fix them right? asked Radhika in her gentle tone..

Yes yes, there is no second thought at all, replied Mr. Prasad firmly.  That is the reason he has been pestering me to get that girl’s phone number, he wants to get introduced and talk to her it seems, Radhika conveyed Krishna’s interest to Mr. Prasad. 

Oh, is it, careful Radhika, make sure that this fellow does not spoil this engagement, told Mr. Prasad and started his car and left for the day’s work.

Oh mom, for god sake, I know how to go about girls, I have been moving around with them since I was a kid, now are you going to get me her number or should I approach her parents directly? Krishna asked irritable.  Don’t worry son, be patient, I will get you her number today, Radhika consoled Krishna.  The same day Radhika spoke with Rathi’s parents and got her number.

Krishna knew that Rathi would start from Mylapore metro station to reach her office that is located in Taramani, he wore his new UCB shirt and crushed jean, started his bike and rushed to Mylapore station to take the first glimpse of Rathi..

He got his ticket and sat on the first bench in the station, he was eagerly awaiting Rathi’s arrival, he had seen Rathi in photo but this was the first time he was about to meet her in person.  He was a little tensed and anxious about the fact that he was going to meet her for the very 1st time.  A little fear, anxiety, expectation, happiness, a bit of all actually made Krishna a little nervous, who was otherwise an extremely confident youngster.

Krishna noticed a gorgeous girl climb through the stairs.  A blend of milk white and cyan blue was the color of her salwar, her loosely held hair that kissed her shoulders were a blend of black and brown shade, fine-looking round face, a cute dimple in her cheeks, she was so beautiful, even girls would envy her beauty and she was none other than Rathi…  Krishna understood why film directors chose foreign locations to shoot duet songs..  Yes, after having a glimpse of Rathi, Krishna felt as if he was in Switzerland surrounded by pure white snow all around..  She was walking through like an Angel who has been temporarily deputed on earth, straight from heaven.  The beautiful amongst the most beautiful was walking towards him, slowly she came towards Krishna, not yet recovered from the stun, the first word that Krishna uttered to her was “thanks”

But the next very minute Switzerland became Mylapore metro station again, the scorching sun rays fell directly on his face, he kept glaring at the train with a gloomy face.  He did not even realize what happened to him that moment, reason being Rathi’s indifference; she did not even acknowledge the thanks expressed by Krishna.  She boarded the train as soon as she reached the platform.  A guy who was rushing to catch the train fell on Krishna and both of them fell down, only then he came back to his senses.  Immediately he took his mobile to call Rathi but her mobile was switched off.  Krishna was entirely exhausted.  Pushed to his limits, Krishna took his mobile out in the parking lot and sent a text message “Hi” to her and came back home…

Radhika was standing outside when Krishna arrived, where were you?, here only mom, I just went to recharge my mobile, told Krishna.  You have a postpaid connection right? Asked Radhika, not for me mom, it was for my friend, they have been to outing right, so he had requested me to recharge his mobile, told Krishna, before Radhika could shoot her next question Krishna requested for hot idly, as he was really hungry, needless to say, Radhika is known for her jasmine idlys (with coconut chutney).  He got inside his room and undressed his new UCB shirt and crushed blue jean that he had worn, of course with a sense of annoyance.  It could be so that she didn’t notice me at all, Krishna told to himself. Come and have your idlys, he could hear his mom…

Just while coming out of his room Krishna remembered his mobile, he ran to grab his mobile, he could not control his happiness as he noticed a message from Rathi…  He opened the message, it read “Who is this” he felt bombarded.  “This is Krishna.. My parents have met your family and I believe they have planned our engagement, today I came to Mylapore station to meet you, that is when I tried calling you.. I hope this intro is sufficient” Krishna sent a long message to her, after a minute Krishna got a reply from her which read “S”, after seeing the reply Krishna was highly discouraged, what the hell man, why is she reacting like this, probably she doesn’t like me?, she so egoistic just by looks man, this is not gonna work..  Krishna convinced himself and started playing games in his X-Box (supposedly his 1st wife)..

Comfortably placed on his bed, he browsed through his morning memories of Rathi, his ego, self esteem and all other odd stuff took a backseat, again he sent her a message “Good Night :-)”, after ten minute he got a reply from her “GN”.. Nobody can cut short a good night message any further.  What the hell man, why is she behaving like a weirdo, from now on if I talk to her it is as good as insulting myself deliberately, thought Krishna, he threw his mobile and dozed….

Krishna got up the next morning, without even realizing what he is up to, he got ready and went to the metro station as if he is going to office and sat on the same bench expecting his women.  He noticed her while she was climbing the stairs, again Mylapore metro became Switzerland, he took his mobile out and called Rathi…  She was rushing towards the platform as fast as she could, she noticed her mobile ringing, “Krishna Calling” she took a 360 degree view around her and picked his call and said “Hello” there could be no one on this earth who is more beautiful than this gorgeous lady, Krishna told to himself mesmerized at her astounding beauty.. Again “Hello”, after a minute Krishna came to the present and told what he wanted to convey in the very beginning when he met her “Thanks”.  Walking towards the platform, puzzled Rathi asked “why are you thanking me??”  Now a day’s even average girls expect a NRI who is settled in the US or UK, that has become a basic filtering criterion, but you have decided to marry someone in Chennai, that too me….. Rathi interrupted even before he could complete..  Hello Krishna, are you a kind of a person who listens to parents and does not have a mind on his own??  Did your mom say that we both are getting married?? Let me tell you something, I am not at all interested in getting married as of now, I have even told this to my parents, but they are doing all this for their own satisfaction, in fact I have not even seen your photo… Go to office, do some work if you have one… while talking to him the line got disconnected as she boarded the train.  Krishna wasn’t able to get those last lines uttered by her, so he again tried calling her but she disconnected the call and sent him a message which read “Go to office, do some work if you have one” Krishna felt humiliated.  He was completely pissed.  No girl ever had behaved like this to him before…

But as soon as he reached office, Krishna messaged Rathi “When would you start from office after work?”, “Y” asked Rathi, “just to come and meet you in the station” replied Krishna.

“Krishna, don’t you have anything better in life to do? Or are you jobless” asked Rathi.  “What important job on earth could I have other than meeting you Rathi :)” replied Krishna.  But he never got any response from her the whole day.

Krishna did not take it to heart as he realized that it is her nature to be what she is, he did not go and wait for her at the station either.  But before going to bed he messaged her “Rathi, I need to tell you two things, I shall let you know by tomorrow morning.. Good Night :-)” after fifteen minutes he got a reply from her “GN”.  At the same time Kousalya came with the photos, at least take a look at his pics Rathi, me and dad would be satisfied and happy, she implored.  Please let me sleep mom, responded Rathi in an annoyed tone as usual..

Next day morning @ Mylapore Metro Station….

As expected, Krishna was waiting for her at the same place, the station began to transform to Switzerland, slowly, but gradually (as She was climbing the stairs)… her mobile started ringing “Krishna Calling”, yup, tell me Krishna, what are those two things which you wanted to tell, she asked..  Krishna took a deep breath and told “you are so beautiful” in a gentle tone, as if he was whispering into her ears.  What’s the 2nd thing she asked in a livid tone.. “I don’t know whether angels exist but if at all they were, they would resemble you Rathi” told Krishna… He noticed a cute little smile on her face while she was boarding the train.  Each and every word uttered by Krishna showed a different dimension of Rathi to herself.  Krishna couldn’t control his happiness after seeing that smile on her round beautiful face, her cute little dimple just got deeper while she carried that smile, he jumped with joy without even realizing the fact that he was in metro station, the train had started by then, “I still have a lot to tell you Rathi” said Krishna over the phone, I am not able to hear you told Rathi and the line got disconnected.  She came and peeped out of the window to guess who could be Krishna in the crowd, this act of hers was being noticed by Krishna and he hid himself behind a shop.  With heart filled with tons of joy Krishna started from there.

After the morning incident, the whole day Rathi did not receive any message from Krishna, even without her consciousness she started to check her mobile to see if he had sent any.  She started to think how Krishna would look like. After reaching home from office she started to search for Krishna’s photo in her room, mom’s room, cupboard but she wasn’t able to locate.  What are you searching for asked Kousalya, nothing mummy, I was searching for my night suites, and she managed somehow and went to sleep.  When she checked her mobile “Good night :-)” it was from Krishna.  “Gud N8” she replied.  Much better this time, Krishna told to himself and went happily to sleep.

Next day it was already 8 30 in the morning, why hasn’t she reached station yet? Wondered Krishna and picked his mobile to give her a ring, she didn’t pick the call even after full ring; he was still starring at the stairs expecting his lady love.  All of a sudden his mobile started to ring, it was “Rathi Calling” while he said hello she could hear the train siren, “Are you waiting for me in the station Krishna” asked Rathi, yes I am, aren’t you going to office today? He asked, “Nope, I am on leave today” she replied, “Why what happened” he asked, “no, nothing happened, it’s just a casual leave, you please carry on Krishna” she told and kept the phone down. He too left for office.

Evening by around 4 30, Krishna received a message from Rathi “Busy??” immediately our hero picked his mobile and rushed to the coffee lounge.  He called her “tell me Rathi”, “what should I say, you must only tell, yesterday you told you need to tell a lot of things”, “yes I need to tell a lot of things indeed, shall I” asked Krishna with a smile on his face.

Hmmmm, replied Rathi..

“Do you know something, when I saw you for the 1st time I felt as if my heart was in the midst of heavy snow, oh god what a ravishing beauty you are, I couldn’t feel the scorching sun, I wasn’t in a position to realize what was happening around, I just couldn’t afford to blink my eyes coz I would miss your face for a few micro seconds, I forgot myself..  I was astonished by that fact that  I was alone for so many years, do you know something, I have lost my shadow and not able to locate it for the past one week, finally I got to know that it has been following you all these days.. Flowers are blossoming from each and every cell of mine Rathi, and I could smell your sweet fragrance in them, my mind is completely occupied by your thoughts and you have taken complete control of my breath, to be precise, you have swept me off my feet Rathi.. I am living in a different world, how should I escape this tricky trap, I asked myself…  Some freak in my dream told me that if I hug you tightly and kiss you 101 times starting from your forehead to neck, everything would be alright..  What should I do now Rathi, please advise me” finished Krishna..

No sound or response from her side, “hello, you there” he asked…

“Hmmmm…” she responded..

“What should I do now Rathi.. Please advice…” he pleaded like a hungry child craving for milk..

After two minutes of silence “When are you going to marry and take me along with you Krishna” she asked..

Krishna could feel moist in his eyes, they were struggling to make it to his cheeks.. “I will tell you tomorrow when I meet you in person” he told and kept the phone down..

Night as usual before going to bed Krishna sent a message “Good Night :-)”… next second he got a reply from her “Good Night :-)” both of them were desperately waiting for the next morning, every passing second was like a year..

Next day morning at Mylapore Metro station….

Krishna had reached the station by 8 in the morning, he was wearing the same UCB shirt and crushed blue jean.  He had a white rose in his hand and was eagerly awaiting Rathi’s arrival; he could not take his eyes away from the stairs through which Rathi usually climbs to reach the platform.

Finally by around 8 30 Rathi climbed up the stairs, she was dressed in the same white and cyan blue salwar which she was wearing on the 1st day when Krishna met her, it wasn’t deliberate though..  She noticed Krishna with a white rose in his hand, she couldn’t control her feelings for him, the whole environment was so sensational, she came and stood in front of him looking straight into his eyes, with her face slightly tilt and an adoring smile..

Without thinking for a moment Krishna bent down and stood on his knees before her and said “Hey Rathi, I am in love with you, truly, madly, deeply..  I will hold you inside me throughout, like how the eyelids carry and protect the eyeballs..  Will you marry me sweetheart, finished Krishna by handing over the white rose to her..

Tears rolled from Rathi’s eyes as she accepted the rose from Krishna..

They both hugged each other the very moment.  The entire crowd had their eyes on the beautiful couple…

God bless the wonderful couple..  :-)


7 comments:

  1. What a story this time Bala.. Very very nice work.. Really brought smile on the face as the eyes skewed through the story.. Never distracted the mind saying that "Not again the same boring love story".. You won Bala this time.. Keep it up.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Hari ;-) "True" love story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I can predict what next while reading this story , but the way u narrated is too good, it took all the way inside the story .., I feel really god .., keep doing good .

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME....
    When I started to read the story I thought it is too long but when I was reading I dint want this story to end.
    Wow.. the way you have described Sahil's feelings and every scene it is too good.
    is this a true story?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey all.. thanks... By the way this is 100% fiction..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Machi idha oru padamavae edukalam

    ReplyDelete
  7. HB ....vry sweet tale...and such a luvly narration

    ReplyDelete